Trail : home : Assessment for Learning
Assessment for Learning
This part of the site will give an insight into this important area of formative assessment (AfL). Information on the key elements of the AFL process are described.
Excellence and Enjoyment
'Excellence and Enjoyment: a strategy for primary schools affirms a vision for primary
This publication compromises of a collection of continuing professional development (CPD) materials on assessment for learning that focus on important aspects of learning and teaching in the primary years.
Lancashire Learning Teams
What is a learning team?
A Learning Team consists of a group of schools working together, with teachers participating as action researchers. The aims of the project are:
· to form a learning team of teachers as action researchers, with an expectation they will trial different approaches to "assessment for learning" in between project days and feedback their findings to the wider group;
· to update teachers in the learning team on recent, significant research findings which underpin effective formative assessment;
· to enable schools to continue developing a movement from an activity culture to a learning culture;
· to support teachers in reviewing, modifying and developing existing systems;
· to share and celebrate existing good practice and to develop this even further.
Consultants work with the teams, leading three full day sessions over the year. At the end of each day teachers are given a school based focus to try and they bring the findings to the next meeting.