The data shown below was collected in summer (July) from a garden in Preston Lancashire. It provides a snapshot of how the weather changes over the period of a day. The data collected included temperature, light, sound and humidity readings. It provides excellent data to analyse and study.
The data will be provided in two formats:
There are many different relationships that can be studies from the graphs. The questions below section A are straightforward and suitable for many students of different ages and abilities. More difficult questions are displayed in section B.
1. Explain what happens during the day to:
2. What is the approximate range (minimum to maximum) of readings for:
1. What happens to the humidity when the temperature rises to its maximum point? (Explain your answer)
2. What do you think may have caused the sound levels to rise during the night?
3. Describe the relation ship between the light level and temperature.
4. Why do you think the humidity increased during the night ( hint - think about your sound levels)?