SLAMDT is responsible for:
- Support for school self-evaluation.
- Leadership and Management training and consultancy programmes.
- Induction programmes for headteachers, deputy and assistant headteachers.
- The acting headteacher Mentoring Programme.
- Support for the induction of newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
- Recognition and sharing of good, best and innovative practice through the Learning Excellence Award and other national accreditation schemes.
- Support for school based performance management.
- Support for potential school leaders.
- Support for leadership development and middle management.
- Links with the National College for Leadership of Schools and Children's Serices.
Each of these programmes has a key role to play in ensuring that Lancashire schools are well led and that every school leader remains a learner at every point of their career.
For information about our work, please click on the links on your left.