Trail : home : News
You may recall seeing an opportunity on the portal to sign up for a free Behaviour Mentor training programme.
We have now completed this process in all districts and have our team of behaviour mentors up and running,. We know that they are busy developing some of the strategies which they picked up on the training in their own schools but they have also identified areas they a re now able to support other schools with. This might be a visit from the Behaviour mentor to your school or for your staff to visit the behaviour |mentor and see them in operation.
The main focus is peer to peer support. It may be that you are planning on the developing the role of one of your school TA’s to have more expertise in behaviour. A visit to one of our mentors would enable them to get a clear overview of the possible activities making up such a role and to look at practical resources, assessments, action planning etc which they could use in their own school.
Examples of the types of support that can be offered are:
A visit to the behaviour mentors school to share ideas around:
· Resourcing, accommodation (e.g. nurture provision), time management
· The use of assessment tools such as Boxall
· The production of behaviour support plans
· Planning and delivering a support session for a small group or individual.
· The use of support staff at lunchtime to arrange play or support vulnerable students
Outreach visit to a local school by the behaviour mentor to:
· Collaborate on the development of a nurture space.
· Share expertise on the delivery of small group intervention sessions
· Support the TA’s working at lunchtime with strategies to improve behaviour
· Support TA’s with ideas for supporting children with behaviour issues in the classroom
Email Lorimer and Helen for more information about Behaviour |mentor support
Behaviour Quality Mark|
The Lancashire Be haviour Quality Mark is now here. Click here for more information.
Admission and deletion from roll|
Information for this new requirement from September 2016 can be found under leadership and management- regulations- attendance.
Primary phase newsletters|
Secondary phase newsletters|
Click on the title to download the newsletter.